Mini Caramel Apple Tarts
- Ingredients: 7
- Serves: 4
- Total Time: 50 min
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup of toasted walnuts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 TBSP Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 2 Diva Apples
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Soak the dates in warm water until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain and put in a food processor with the walnuts, cinnamon and salt.
- Pulse until the mixture begins to come together, scraping down the bowl every once in a while.
- Divide the dough among 4 mini tart pans, pressing the mixture firmly into the pans to form a crust.
- Spread one tablespoon of the caramel in the bottom of each crust using a small spoon or spatula. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to serve the tarts, cut the apples into thin slices and toss with the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Arrange the apples on top of the caramel and serve!