Market Apple Pizza
- SALSA VERDE SAUCE
- 1 packed cup parsley leaves
- 1 packed cup basil leaves
- 1 packed cup mint leaves
- 2/3 cup capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Taleggio cheese (about 5 slices 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1 small serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 2 fresh or dried figs, thinly sliced
- prepared pizza dough
- olive oil
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse (about 12 one second pulses) to combine. Taste, adjust seasonings, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stretch dough into a rectangle, then transfer to large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment. Brush dough with light coating of olive oil.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sauce over center of dough, adding more if needed to evenly cover the center.
- Add Granny Smith apple slices, Taleggio cheese, onion, chili, and fig slices on top of the sauce.
- Drizzle pizza with additional olive oil and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted and bubbly.