Brainy Apple Avocado Breakfast Salad
- Ingredients: 7
- Serves: 1
- Total Time: 10 min
- 1 avocado
- 1 apple
- 1 TBL raisins
- 1 TBL Walnuts
- 1/2 TBL honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and chop apple. Place in bowl with a drop of water. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir, microwave for 30 seconds longer.
- Cool apples! This step is to make them the same texture (soft) as the avocado.
- While your apples are cooling, mix together honey, vanilla, and cinnamon, until well combined.
- Drain any water from your bowl of apples.
- Chop your avocado and add it to the apples.
- Pour honey sauce over avocados and apples.
- Add raisins and walnuts, and stir gently.
- Add a hard-boiled egg and some whole wheat toast strips to make this a balanced breakfast, or serve as a side dish any time of day!
This avocado and apple salad is the perfect salad to get your or your kids’ day off to a good start! Most kids wouldn't associate salads with breakfast, but this is a great way to break them in slowly, because it's sweet and delicious! And, between the apples and avocado, they get lots of potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and other essential nutrients.