Bacon-Infused Apple Bourbon Cocktail
- Ingredients: 7
- Serves: 1
- Total Time: 5 min
- 3 fl. oz apple cider
- 1 slice fresh sweet-tart apple
- BACON-FAT INFUSED BOURBON:
- 1 cup of bacon grease
- 750 ml bourbon
- CINNAMON SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- For bacon-infused bourbon, combine 1 cup of bacon grease with 750 ml of bourbon in a food-safe container. Cover tightly and refrigerate for three days. After three days, remove lid and scoop the hardened bacon fat off of the top of the bourbon and discard. Strain bourbon through a coffee filter, cheese cloth, or tea strainer.
- For cinnamon simple syrup, combine 1 cup of water with 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 stick of cinnamon. Heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- To create cocktail, mix two fluid ounces of bourbon, apple cider and one fluid ounce simple syrup together in cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour into cocktail glass and garnish with cinnamon stick and a sweet-tart apple slice.