Apple Walnut Crostata
- 1 refrigerated/ready−made piecrust
- Cooking spray
- 6 or 7 baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all−purpose flour
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place apples, sugar, walnuts, flour and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and toss well.
- Transfer piecrust to baking sheet. Spoon apple mixture into center of piecrust and fold up sides of pastry to capture apples and juices. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.