Apple & Smokey Blue Grilled Cheese
By: Chef Dave Martin
- Ingredients: 5
- Serves: 4
- Total Time: 10 min
|Serving Per Container:|
|Amount Per Serving:|
Calories from Fat:
|% Daily Value|
- 1 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil or unsalted butter
- 8 slices baguette
- 1 Golden Delicious apple,* cored and thinly sliced
- 1 oz Roth® Moody Blue® Cheese, crumbled
- 4 strips cooked Applewood bacon or 2 thick slices of Canadian bacon (cut into 4 pieces)
- On a cookie sheet or plate, assemble sandwiches by spreading blue cheese crumbles onto one slice of the bread. Place apple slices and bacon on top of cheese. Top with other baguette piece.
- In sauté pan, melt butter or oil. Grill sandwiches over medium high heat, flipping until both sides are brown and crunchy. Add more oil/butter as needed. Remove from pan and serve warm.
No Golden Delicious apples on hand? Don't worry, any similar apple will do!
Chef Dave Martin, Chef Advisory Board Member
Chef Martin, a former Top Chef competitor and show “Fan Favorite,” developed recipes for USApple that not only cater to various life stages, but also to meals from morning to night.