Apple, Fennel & Chicken Salad with Couscous
- Ingredients: 12
- Total Time: 30 min
|Serving Per Container:|
|Amount Per Serving:|
Calories from Fat: 33
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 16g|
|Saturated Fat: 2g|
|Total Carbohydrate: 56g|
|Dietary Fiber: 11g|
- 2 ounces boneless chicken breast (2-3)
- 3 T olive oil, divided
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 U.S.-grown medium red apples
- 1 T lemon juice, divided
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 oz fresh baby spinach (about 3½ cups)
- 2 T chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
- Slice chicken breasts crosswise into 1/2” strips. Heat 1 T olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, cook 8-10 minutes until done, stirring occasionally, remove from heat.
- While chicken is sautéing, cook couscous according to package directions, let cool.
- Core and chop apples, place in large bowl; toss with 1 t lemon juice. Chop fennel bulb (discarding stem and fronds) and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining oil and lemon juice with balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, couscous, spinach and nuts to bowl with apples and fennel.
- Drizzle with dressing, toss to coat and serve.
This recipe can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated.