Apple, Brie & Prosciutto Appetizer
Awaken taste buds with creamy brie, crunchy apples, and savory prosciutto in a simply delicious hors d’oeuvre from Chef Chris Nirschel and Culinary Bad Boy Productions.
2 Granny Smith apples
1 wheel Brie cheese
¼ lb prosciutto, sliced thin
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lay slices of prosciutto on a nonstick oven pan and place in oven for 12-15 minutes, until crisp.
3. Slice the Granny Smith apple into 1/4″ thick slices. With a 1.5″ ring mold, cut out even pieces of the apple slices (If you don’t have a ring mold, cut in 1.5” squares).
4. Remove rind from Brie and cut cheese into ½” cubes.
5. When prosciutto is ready, remove from oven and cool. Break prosciutto bacon into shards (does not need to be even shards).
6. Place one Brie cube onto each apple slice. Stick shards of prosciutto bacon into the brie cheese and serve.